The Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi on 7th December 2018, has approved the Memorandum of Cooperation (MoC) between India and Japan in the field of Healthcare and Wellness.
The MoC was signed on 29th October 2018 during the visit of Hon’ble Prime Minister of India to Japan.
Under this MOU, the following would be undertaken:
1. Developing human resource in the field of acute medicine, surgery and trauma care including a focus on new areas,
2. Establishing a Japanese language education center for trainee candidates of care workers,
3. Promoting institutional collaboration on patient data analysis and Information and Communication Technology & Artificial Intelligence in medicine,
4. India-Japan Innovation Hub in India,
5. Establishing manufacturing units in India under “Make in India”.
A Joint Committee as a high-level consultative mechanism will be set up to further elaborate the details of cooperation and to oversee the implementation of this MoC.