Lok Sabha elections 2019 first phase has been started on 11th April 2019. Voters who don’t have voter ID must know how to vote.
Election Commission of India (ECI) provides facility to cast vote without voter ID but voters name must enroll in the list. Having a Voter ID Card doesn’t mean that you will definitely be allowed to vote, it is essential that your name should appear in the electoral rolls.
If voter’s name is present on the electoral roll and carrying an identification document prescribed by the ECI (the Voter ID card or any other acceptable document), will be eligible to vote. One of the following 11 specified photo identity documents is required for casting your vote:
2. Driving license
3. Service identity cards with photograph issued to employees by central/state govt./PSU/public limited company
4. Passbook with photograph issued by a state bank or post office
5. PAN card
6. Smart card issued by RGI under NPR
7. MNREGA job card
8. Health Insurance smart card issued under the scheme of Ministry of Labour
9. Pension document with a photograph
10. Official identity cards issued to MPs/MLAs/MLCs, etc.
11. Aadhaar card