The 23rd International Film Festival of Kerala (IFFK) was concluded at Nishagandhi Auditorium, Kanakakunnu, Kerala. The event conducted successfully after the state witnessed one of the biggest natural calamities of the flood.
Kerala Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan presented these awards during the closing ceremony of the event on 14th December 2018.
1. The Golden Crow Pheasant Award (Suvarna Chakoram) – Iranian film The Dark Room
2. The Silver Crow Pheasant Award (Rajatha Chakoram) for Best Director – Lijo Jose Pellissery
3. Audience Poll Award for Best Film – Malayalam Film Ee. Ma.Yau
4. Rajath Chakoram for Debut Director – Anamika Haksar for Taking the Horse to Eat Jalebis
5. FIPRESCI Award – Zakariya’s Sudani from Nigeria
6. Network for Promotion of Asian Cinema Award – Malayalam Film Ee. Ma.Yau
7. Best reporter award – Aravind of Metro Vartha
8. Special Jury Mention Award – The Silence
9. K.R.Mohanan Endowment Award – Bengali Film ‘Manohar and I’
10. Special Jury Mention – FFSI K R Mohan Award – Bilathikuzhal
11.Special Jury Mention – Cinematographer – Saumyanand Sahi
The International Film Festival of Kerala (IFFK) event was established in 1996 and hosted by Kerala State Chalachitra Academy annually in the Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala.
The IFFK is one of the leading cultural events of India in which several national and International films have their premier each year. The competition includes films from Asia, Africa or Latin America. Netpac and FIPRESCI award, introduced in 2007 for best Malayalam films.