Updated By: LatestGKGS Desk
1. World giant retailer, US-based company Walmart Inc acquired a 77 % stake in Indian e-commerce company, Flipkart for about $16 billion.
2. The International Monetary Fund (IMF) restated on 9th May 2018 that India will be the fastest-growing major economy in 2018.
4. Union Minister of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY) Ravi Shankar Prasad has launched the website portal of Digital India Internship Scheme as (www.meity.gov.in/schemes).
5. India was ranked fourth out of 25 nations in Asia-Pacific region in the first-ever published Asia Power Index released by Australian think tank Lowy Institute.
6. According to estimates in the UN Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific’s (ESCAP) flagship publication, the Economic and Social Survey of Asia and the Pacific, India’s GDP grew at 6.6% in 2017, down from 7.1% in 2016. However, India GDP will grow by 7.2% in 2018 and 7.4% in 2019.
7. The Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) notified the protocol amending the Double Taxation Avoidance Agreement (DTAA) between India and Kuwait.
8. Subhash C. Khuntia has taken charge as Chairman of the Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI).
9. The 3rd edition of United Nations Peacekeeping Course for African Partners (UNPCAP) was started on 7th May 2018 in New Delhi. It will be conducted till 25th May 2018.
10. The 15th Asia Media Summit-2018 conference will be organised with the theme “Telling our Stories- Asia and More” in New Delhi.
11. Israel withdrew from a race against Germany and Belgium for two seats on the United Nations Security Council in 2019-20.
12. The National Small Industries Corporation Limited (NSIC) signed a MoU with Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME) for the year 2018-2019.
Walmart Buys 77% Stake In India’s E-Commerce Giant Fli...