1. Vice President of India, M. Venkaiah Naidu departed today for a 6-day visit to Guatemala, Panama and Peru. His visit is believed to strengthen relations with Latin American countries.
2. World Laughter Day was observed on 6th May 2018 around the world to spread awareness and health benefits of laughing.
4. Indian-American woman Deepa Ambekar (41 years old) has been appointed as an interim judge to the civil court of New York City, becoming the second Indian-American woman judge in the city after Chennai-born Raja Rajeswari
5. Jnanpith laureate M T Vasudevan Nair has won annual ONV Literary Prize-2018, instituted in memory of iconic poet late O N V Kurup, for his overall contributions to Malayalam literature.
6. Hockey India has recommended Indian women’s team goalkeeper Savita Punia along with men’s team midfielders Dharamvir Singh and Manpreet Singh for the Arjuna Award.
7. According to a Harvard University report, India tops the list of the fastest growing economies in the world for the coming decade and is projected to grow at 7.9 percent annually, ahead of China and the United States.
8. The Swedish Academy recently announced that the Nobel Prize in Literature will be not awarded this year following the sex-abuse allegations and other issues within its ranks that have stained the body’s reputation.
9. Former chief economic adviser Ashok Lahiri has been appointed as a full-time member of the 15th Finance Commission.
10. Kidambi Srikanth has become world No 3 in the men's singles badminton world federation (BWF) rankings while Viktor Axelsen of Denmark topped the spot.
11. 4th Regional Conference on ‘Futuristic, Resilient and Digital Infrastructure’ was held in Bengaluru organized by the Union Ministry of Finance in collaboration with the Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) and Research and Information System for Developing Countries (RIS).