The Government of India has announced to confer the Prime Minister’s Shram Awards 2017 to 40 workers across India.
These awardees have been selected among the workers of Departmental Undertakings & Central and State Government PSUs and Private Sector companies having 500 or more workers.
This year, Prime Minister Shram Awards 2017 are conferred to 23 awardees are from the public sector and 17 awardees from the private sector.
1. Shram Ratna: No one selected this year.
2. Shram Bhushan: Smt. Myneni Sharada from BEL, Shri B.B.V. Prasada Rao from Naval Dockyard and Sh. Sudip Pachhal from Tata Steels have been selected under this category.
3. Shram Vir/Shram Veerangana: Twelve nominations were selected under this category.
4. Shram Devi / Shram Shree: Sixteen nominations were selected under this category.
The Prime Minister’s Shram Awards were instituted in 1985 by the Government of India.
The Prime Minister Shram Awards seeks to recognise the distinguished performances and innovative abilities shown by the workers. Also, these awards honor their outstanding contribution in the field of productivity and exhibition of exceptional courage and presence of mind.
There are four types of Shram awards:
1. Shram Ratna: 2 Lakhs and recognition of their contribution to their field (Sanad).
2. Shram Bhushan: 1 Lakhs and a Sanad.
3. Shram Vir / Shram Veerangana: 60,000 and a Sanad.
4. Shram Devi / Shram Shree: 40,000 and a Sanad.