Voter ID Card, which is also known as the Electors Photo Identity Card (EPIC) is a photo identity card that is issued by the Election Commission of India (ECI) to all individuals who are eligible to vote (18 years or above).
Voter ID Card primary purpose is to improve the accuracy of the electoral roll and to help prevent cases of electoral fraud and serves as an identification proof when individual’s cast their vote.
Currently, India does not have the facility of downloading a duplicate Voter ID card online but you can download all the details related to your voter's card.
Indian citizens can follow the method mentioned below to apply for an Online Voter ID:
1. An applicant has to visit the national website of the election commission and click on National Voters’ Services Portal.
2. Here you'll need the following information like your full name, Father/husband's name, Gender, D.O.B/ Age, Gender, State, District/City, etc.
3. After entering details click on ' Search'.
4. Then select from among the total results shown here and click on ' View Details '.
5. All your details will be open to you in a new tab. These details will be downloaded in PDF format after clicking on 'Print Voter Information' option given below.
1. If you have your voter ID number (EPIC number) then go to (electoralsearch.in) and select the second tab.
2. Here you will need to enter your voter ID number, state, and box in the Captcha code.
3. After filling these details, click 'Search'.
4. Now you will get the full record in front of you. Then click on ' View Details '.
5. All your details will open in front of you in a new tab. These details will be downloaded in PDF format after clicking on 'Print Voter Information' option given below.