Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi on 2nd November 2018, has approved the signing of Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between India and South Korea for strengthening cooperation in the field of Tourism.
1. Expand bilateral cooperation in tourism sector
2. In the ease exchange of information and data related to tourism
3. Encourage cooperation between tourism stakeholders including hotels and tour operators
4. Establish exchange programmes for cooperation in Human Resources Development (HRD)
5. Encourage Investment in Tourism and Hospitality sectors
6. Exchange visits of tour Operators, decision or opinion makers, media for promotion of two-way tourism.
7. Exchange experience in areas of promotion, marketing destination development, and management.
8. Encourage participation in travel fairs/exhibitions in each other’s country
9. Promote safe, honorable and sustainable tourism.
India and South Korea have enjoyed strong diplomatic and long economic relationship. Both the countries are now desiring to strengthen and further develop established relationship in the field of tourism.
South Korea is one of the leading tourist generating markets for India from the East Asia region. The signing of this MoU will be instrumental in increasing arrival in India from this source market.
Largest City: Seoul
Currency: South Korean Won (KRW)
Official Language: Korean
Prime Minister: Lee Nak-Yeon
President: Moon Jae-in