Ministry of Human Resource Development (HRD) launched Samagra Shiksha-Jal Suraksha drive to create awareness about Water Conservation among all school students in India.
Samagra Shiksha-Jal Suraksha drive is inspired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s impetus to Jal Sanchayas part of Jal Shakti Abhiyan (JSA).
Samagra Shiksha-Jal Suraksha drive is a time-bound campaign with a mission mode approach aimed at promoting water conservation activities for School Students.
Samagra Shiksha-Jal Suraksha drive seeks to make students competent, conscientious and committed water citizens of the nation by making water conservation essential for students so that they can understand the importance of water and enabling them to participate in water conservation activities in their day to day lives
1. Educate students to learn about conservation of water
2. Sensitize Students about the impact of scarcity of water
3. Empower Students to learn to protect natural sources of water
4. Help every Student to save at least 1 liter of water per day
5. Encourage Students towards judicious use and minimum wastage of water at home and school level.
1. One Student-One Day-Save One Litre Water.
2. One Student-One Year- Save 365 Litres Water
3. One Student-10 Years-Save 3650 Litres Water