Updated By: LatestGKGS Desk
Final user trial of 3rd generation Anti Tank Guided Missile (ATGM) NAG was carried out today on 22 October 2020 at 06:45 AM from Pokhran range.
The missile was integrated with the actual warhead and a tank target was kept at the designated range. This was launched from NAG Missile Carrier NAMICA. The missile hit the target accurately defeating the armour.
ATGM NAG has been developed by DRDO. The missile has "Fire & Forget" Top Attack capabilities with passive homing guidance to defeat all MBTs equipped with composite and reactive armour.
1. The NAG missile carrier NAMICA is a BMP II-based system with amphibious capability.
2. 3rd Generation Anti Tank Guided Missile
3. ATGM NAG is developed by DRDO
4. The missile will be produced by Defence PSU Bharat Dynamics Limited (BDL)
5. Ordnance Factory Medak will produce the NAMICA
6. Anti Tank Guided Missile with an operational range of 500 mt to 20 Km
7. NAG a single-shot hit probability of 90% and a ten-year, maintenance-free shelf life.
Raksha Mantri Shri Rajnath Singh congratulated DRDO and Indian Army for the successful trial of NAG Missile.
Secretary DDR&D & Chairman DRDO, Dr G Satheesh Reddy appreciated the efforts of DRDO, Indian Army and Industry in bringing the missile up to the production phase.
DRDO successfully tested man-portable anti-tank guided missi...