India and Argentina signed 10 MoUs and Agreements during the ongoing three-day visit of the Argentine President Mauricio Macri. President Mauricio Macri of Argentina held bilateral talks with the Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi on 18th February 2019.
The visit of Argentine President Mauricio Macri also marks 70 years of the establishment of diplomatic relations between New Delhi and Buenos Aires.
Six MoUs were signed between the two sides are:
1. MoU on defence cooperation was signed between the defence ministries of the two nations.
2. MoU on Tourism was signed for cooperation in the field of Tourism.
3. MoU on Broadcasting content was signed on Cooperation and Collaboration between Prasar Bharti, India and the Federal System of Media and Public Contents, Argentina.
4. MoU in pharmaceuticals was signed between the Central Drugs Standard Control Organisation(CDSCO), GoI, and National Administration of Drugs, Food and Medical Technology, Argentina.
5. MoU on Antarctic Co-operation was signed between the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Worship of Argentina and the Ministry of Earth Sciences of India.
6. MOU was signed between Global Centre for Nuclear Energy Partnership (GCNEP), India, and CNEA, the Secretariat of Energy, Argentina.
Two work-plans have been agreed upon in the field of Agriculture –
1. Work Plan on Cooperation between the Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers’ Welfare of India and the Ministry of Production and Labour of Argentina.
2. Work Plan for the year 2019-21 between Indian Council of Agriculture Research and the State Secretary of Agro-industry of the Ministry of Production and Labour of Argentina
1. An Agreement was signed for the establishment of India-Argentina Centre of Excellence for Information and Technology.