1. National Disaster Management Authority (NDMA) has conducted a two-day National workshop on ‘Data Requirements for Disaster Risk Reduction Database’ held from 1st May to 2nd May 2018 in New Delhi.
2. Chhattisgarh Chief Minister, Raman Singh flagged off unreserved weekly train ‘Antyodaya Express’ between stations of Durg and Firozpur Cantt. The train is equipped with many modern facilities.
3. 15th Pravasi Bhartiya Diwas will be held from 21st January to 23rd January 2019 in Varanasi, with the theme ‘Role of Indian Diaspora in building a New India.
4. Hockey India has appointed Harendra Singh as s chief coach of India's men's team, while Sjoerd Marijne was re-designated as chief coach of the women’s Indian hockey team.
5. Sajid Javed has been appointed as UK’s new Home Secretary to replace Amber Rudd. He becomes first South-Asian origin MP to hold the key position in the UK cabinet.
6. India’s 10m Air Pistol Shooter, Shahzar Rizvi ranked No.1 in ISSF World Ranking, after winning ‘Silver Medal’ in the World Cup in Changwon, Korea.
7. Eminent Marxist Economist Politician & Former Finance Minister of West Bengal, Ashok Mitra passed away at the age of 89 years.
8. Former Chief of Air Staff Idris Hasan Latif passed away at the age of 95 years. He was the first & only Indian Muslim to become the head of the Indian Air Force (IAF).
9. Indian states Maharashtra and Gujarat celebrated their foundation day on 1s May 2018.
10. The 9th India and Japan Energy Dialogue Meet was conducted on 1st May 2018 in New Delhi.