President of India, Ram Nath Kovind on 4th October 2019, has approved the appointment of Chief Justices (CJ) for seven High courts (HC) of Idia.
All these appointments have been made due to some recent transfers/promotions in the Supreme Court.
Out of the 7 CJs, 4 of them will fill the vacancies left by justices of Himachal Pradesh, Punjab and Haryana, Rajasthan, and Kerala High Courts who were appointed to the Supreme court (SC) recently.
The four Justices who were promoted to the Supreme court were V.Ramasubramanian, Krishna Murari, S. Ravindra Bhat, and Hrishikesh Roy, from Himachal Pradesh, Punjab and Haryana, Rajasthan, and Kerala High Courts, respectively.
1. Justice Ajay Lamba of Allahabad High Court has been appointed as Chief Justice of Guwahati High Court.
2. Justice Inderjit Mahanti of Bombay High Court has become Chief Justice of Rajasthan High Court.
3. Justice Indrajit Mahanty of Bombay High Court has become chief justice of Rajasthan High Court.
4. Justice A Mani Kumar of Kerala High Court has been appointed as Chief Justice of Himachal Pradesh High Court.
5. Madhya Pradesh’s Justice Ravi Shanker Jha was appointed as the Chief Justice of the Punjab and Haryana High Court.
6. Justice Bishwanath Somadar of Calcutta High Court and Justice Vivek Agarwal of Telangana High Court have been sent to Allahabad High Court
7. Justice PV Sanjay Kumar of Madhya Pradesh High Court to Punjab and Haryana High Court.